For visitors to the Australian Consulate-General
The Australian Embassy and Consulate-General in Vietnam are taking precautions to protect visitors and staff during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. This includes cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces daily.
If you are unwell, or are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms, please postpone your visit to our offices. Everyone should practice good hygiene and other measures when on the premises to protect against infections, including wearing a mask, using hand sanitiser available on the premises and covering your coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or into your elbow.
Notarial services currently suspended
Due to the large volume of calls the Australian Consulate-General is currently receiving, all notarial appointments are currently suspended. If you require an urgent notarial service please contact us to explain the situation, however we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide the services at this time.
The Passport services remain open from 09:00 to 13:00, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. Passport services are by appointment only.
Please ensure you have all necessary supporting documents with you before you attend your appointment at the Consulate.
Clients without an appointment will only be seen in exceptional circumstances. For further enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Passport services) or at email@example.com (Notarial services) and provide us with a contact number (if possible).
Prices will be as follows (all prices in Australian dollars):
|5 year validity child passport (under 16)||$150|
|5 year validity seniors passport (over 75)||$150|
|Full validity adult passport||$298|
|Replacement passport (same validity with the passport being replaced)||$187|
|Child overseas surcharge||$65|
|Adult overseas surcharge||$134|
- Adult Passport guidelines
- Child Passport guidelines
- Passport Photo guidelines
- Passport fees
- Online passport application
- Other passport information at www.passports.gov.au
- Notarial Services Fees
- Notarial services and document legalisation overseas
- Certificate of no impediment to marriage – Form | Procedure
- Notarial services disclaimer notice
- For more information about consular services we may or may not be able to provide, please see the Consular Services Charter
- If you need emergency consular assistance outside of normal business hours, the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Consular Emergency Centre (CEC) in Canberra is there to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Contact the CEC by calling the Australian Consulate-General switchboard (+84 28) 3521 8100 and follow the prompts for emergency consular assistance. Alternatively, contact the CEC directly by dialling +61 2 6261 3305 (international call charges apply). The CEC is also an advisory line for concerned family members in Australia and can be called on 1300 555 135 (for the cost of a local call within Australia).
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) uses third-party software (Setmore) to manage the Consulate-General’s appointments.
Your personal information (including your name and contact details) will be collected by DFAT via Setmore to book your appointment and for related purposes.
By proceeding with this booking, you are consenting to the collection of this information by Setmore on DFAT’s behalf for these purposes. If this information is not collected, DFAT’s ability to arrange your appointment will be limited.