2023 NSW State election
The 2023 NSW State election will take place on 25 March. If you’re in Vietnam, you can still take part by applying online to vote by post. Postal vote applications close 6pm, 20 March - apply as soon as possible to ensure the ballot reaches you in time for you to vote by election day.
In-person voting or drop off for your postal vote would not be available in Vietnam. The NSW Electoral Commission website https://elections.nsw.gov.au/voters/voting-options/interstate-or-overseas list the overseas locations for the drop off for postal votes.
For more information, visit: https://elections.nsw.gov.au/
Passport and notarial appointments
Passport and notarial services are by appointment only.
Appointments are available from 09:00 to 12:00 on Monday to Friday.
Please ensure you have all necessary supporting documents with you before you attend your appointment at the Consulate. Clients without an appointment will only be seen in exceptional circumstances.
For further information, visit Passport Services (consulate.gov.au) or Notarial Services (consulate.gov.au).
From 1 April 2022, the Consulate has ceased accepting payment by cash and accept payment by card only.
For Australians needing consular assistance
For consular assistance in Vietnam:
- email [email protected]
- phone +84 28 3521 8100 (8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday)
For urgent consular assistance outside of business hours, the Consular Emergency Centre (CEC) in Canberra provides 24-hour support for Australians with serious and urgent needs. It is also for the friends and family of Australians overseas.
For urgent consular assistance, contact the CEC on:
- phone +61 2 6261 3305
- phone 1300 555 135 within Australia
Visas and Migration
Visa applicants and travellers should view the latest information available on the Department of Home Affairs website. We strongly encourage you to apply online for any visas to Australia.
Read more: Visas and Immigration (consulate.gov.au)
- For all visa enquiries, please submit a request using the Australian Immigration Enquiry form.
- You can also call the Home Affairs Global Service Centre number on +61 2 6196 0196, open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (local time).
- The Consulate phone number is staffed by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade employees who are unable to answer visa enquiries.
Did you know, online visa applications are assessed several weeks faster than a paper application?
More information about Visa and Migration for clients in Vietnam.
Attention All Visitors To The Australian Consulate-General
- Airport style security screening is in place at the Australian Consulate-General.
- As a condition of entry to the Consulate, visitors will be asked to leave all sharp or dangerous objects, cigarette lighters, oils and liquids with the guards for collection when departing the Consulate.