Voting in the 2023 Referendum
On 14 October 2023, Australians will be asked to vote in a referendum to alter the Constitution.
The Australian Consulate-General Ho Chi Minh City will be an in-person voting centre and postal vote collection centre.
All eligible Australians living in or visiting Vietnam will be able to vote.
To be eligible to vote, you must be enrolled. Please ensure that your enrolment details are up to date at the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website.
Voting will be held at the Australian Consulate-General Ho Chi Minh City from:
- Monday to Friday, 2nd - 6th October 2023 from 10am to 3pm; and
- Monday to Friday, 9th - 13th October 2023 from 10am to 3pm.
We will be conducting a Walk-In service, with the option for you to indicate the time you intend on attending here.
Please note: The Australian Consulate-General Ho Chi Minh City will not be open on 14 October 2023.
Australians attending must present their valid photo identification.
Australians needing Consular Assistance
Needing Consular Assistance? Please click here
- For all visa enquiries, please submit a request using the Australian Immigration Enquiry form.
- Already have an ImmiAccount? Login here
- You can also call the Home Affairs Global Service Centre number on +61 2 6196 0196, open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (local time).
- The Consulate phone number is staffed by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade employees who are unable to answer visa enquiries.
Did you know online visa applications are assessed several weeks faster than a paper application?
More information about Visa and Migration for clients in Vietnam.
Follow us on: