The Australian Embassy in Hanoi is aware that the Embassy’s telephone number has been spoofed – where scammers are showing the Embassy’s phone number on caller ID, representing themselves as Embassy staff and seeking payment for various reasons. The Australian Embassy reported the issue to the relevant authorities. This scam could also affect the Australian Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City.
If you receive a suspected scam call, we suggest you end the call, check the story is correct by contacting the Embassy (+84 24 3774 0100) or Consulate-General (+84 28 3521 8100) directly; and never give out any personal or financial information.
Planning your visit to the Consulate General - Level 20, Vincom Centre
Vincom is undergoing building renovations and the lifts to the Consulate will be closed from 13 December 2023 Ly Tu Trong street entrance.
To visit the Consulate General:
- Please enter the office lift lobby from the Le Thanh Ton street entrance of Vincom Centre. Note: These lifts do not have access to level 20.
- Proceed to level 20A, walk to the end of the corridor and take the stairwell down to level 20. The Consulate will be on the left.
Clients with Accessibility Needs:
If you have accessibility needs and cannot use the stairs, please contact the Consulate via email for assistance: [email protected]
We apologise for any inconvenience caused during the renovations occurring at Vincom Centre.
Australians needing Consular Assistance
Needing Consular Assistance? Please click here
Visiting the Australian Consulate-General
- Airport style security screening is in place at the Australian Consulate-General.
- As a condition of entry to the Consulate, dangerous and harmful objects are prohibited. If you carry any of the following items you will need to leave the items at the Guard's desk upon entry - you can collect your items upon leaving the Consulate
- Dangerous items include:
- Cigarette lighters, flammable liquids, sharp objects, etc.
Follow us on: